Join Us For A Fundraising Event March 3!
Why Packs for Kids?
- More than 10% of Snohomish County residents/families live at or below the poverty line
- Nearly 44,000 of K-12 students are enrolled in the Free/Reduced Lunch program due to hunger issues
- For many children, lunch is their only nutritious and reliable meal of the day
- But what happens on the weekends? That’s where Packs for Kids comes in.
How Packs For Kids Works
- Donors--like you--donate money, food, and backpacks.
- Teachers identify children with food insecurity.
- Every week, donors and volunteers purchase food and fill the backpacks with food to feed 800+ people.
- The children take the backpack home over the weekend and return the backpacks on Monday.
- The children experience the educational benefits that come with food security such as increased concentration, energy, and motivation.